Last Updated: Aug 01, 2018
At Asian Overland Services (AOS), we recognize that earning and retaining your trust is one of the most important things we do as a business. Protecting your privacy is a responsibility we take very seriously.
Asian OverlanD Services Tours and Travel Sdn. Bhd. (30613-D) (KPL/LN: 0281) (referred to in these terms as "AOS", "we", "our", "us") is a Malaysian company, with offices located at No. 39 & 40, Jalan Mamanda 9, Ampang Point, 68000 Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA.
In the course of our business, we collect and process personal data in different ways. We may collect personal data clients give us directly but we also collect data by logging how you interact with our services, for example by using cookies on this website. We may also receive personal data from third parties.
The personal data we collect about you may include, but is not limited to: your name, email address, phone number, survey responses, reservation details and other information you may provide about yourself to our site, your IP address and web browser software.
You can choose not to provide personal data to us, but in general some personal data about you is required in order for you to receive relevant offerings from AOS and its partners, and to enjoy benefits of being a registered client.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- With your consent.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We may send to you marketing emails with information about AOS destination and product news, offers, competitions, and other special promotions that we believe that you will find valuable, interesting or informative.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have given your consent, if you have requested them, or if you purchased goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving marketing messages.
If you are no longer interested in receiving future email marketing communications from AOS, you have several choices for opting out of future mailings, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the directions and link included in each email marketing message we send.
We may store the contributions and submissions you make to AOS, including but not limited to your reviews, photos, public profile and ratings, publicly display your Content on our websites and Applications and those of our affiliate partners and distributors, display it to other users, share it with our affiliate partners and distributors, and use it for promotional purposes. Note that if you include personal data in your Content, it can be used and viewed by others. We are not responsible for the information you choose to include in your Content.
AOS WILL NOT SHARE your personal data with other parties, except:
- If we sell or divest our business or any part of it, and your personal data relates to such sold or divested part of our business, or if we merge with another business, we will share your personal data with the new owner of the business or our merger partner, respectively. If we are legally obliged to do so, we will share personal data to protect our customers, the site, as well as our company and our rights and property.
- If you connect to AOS using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media services, we may show you reviews, comments and photos with other AOS users. You can also choose to access third-party social media websites and services through AOS (such as Facebook and Twitter). When you do so, you are sharing personal data with those sites, and the personal data you share is governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party social media websites/
- We may also share or disclose personal data if we believe, at our sole discretion, this to be necessary:
- to comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us;
- following a corporate transaction, such as divestiture, merger, acquisition, consolidation or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy;
- with law enforcement agencies and other governmental bodies (if we are legally obliged to do so)
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular excursions or tours. This information does not contain any personal data and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure or your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We collect personal data via cookies and similar technologies. "Cookies" are pieces of information that are stored by your web browser on your computer's hard disk, for record-keeping purposes.
You will also find more information about cookies in general, including how to see what cookies are installed on your (mobile) device and how to manage and delete them on www.allaboutcookies.org.
At AOS we seek to maintain the integrity and security of our clients' personal data. We have implemented and maintain appropriate physical, administrative, technical, and organisational measures to protect the personal data you provide us against unauthorized or unlawful access, use of disclosure, and against accidental loss, damage, alteration or destruction.
We seek to store clients' personal data in secure operating environments that are not accessible to the general public, and to have security measures in place at our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data by our employees or third parties. However, no data transmission over the internet or data storage environment can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot give an absolute assurance that the personal data that clients provide to us will be secure at all times.
AOS will rely on you telling us if you experience any unusual events that may indicate a breach in your information security. We will then seek to investigate whether this was related to the data transmissions from or to AOS and let you know what steps can be taken and have been taken to help rectify the problem.
AOS is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. We do not knowingly collect data relating to minors. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 18 send personal data to us, we will delete or destroy such data as soon as reasonably possible
If you have any questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data by us, please contact us at email@example.com You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority about the way we process your personal data.